In May 2020 SKY Autism was awarded a funding grant by Worcestershire Community Foundation.
More information can be found here:
This funding is currently enabling us to:
- Run social groups for young people and adults with autism, and to offer support to parents. During the Covid-19 situation we are offering this support remotely.
- Run closed Facebook groups for parents and for the over 16 social group members. We use the social media pages to share ideas and to keep everybody up to date with SKY activities. We have been able to increase our social media presence during the current situation.
- Run weekly Zoom meetings for the over 16 social group members and to start a server on the Discord platform. Using this channel we have been able to bring the group together to play games, share pictures and engage in social chat.
- Provide 1-1 support by telephone and Zoom for current social group members where this is needed.
- Run film nights for social group members.
- Support parents through online contact including regular Zoom meetings.
We have been able to use the funding to maintain a high level of support during this difficult time, and to help prevent our group members from becoming too isolated and anxious.